Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Driving...

I drove home from stadium last week. With hubby's guidance, I did reasonably well. Even at parking. We did some practice late night at deserted parking before that.

My 2nd experience: Yesterday to work. This is a different office compare to the one I always go to. The traffic was busy. I didn't do too bad. But when it was up-sloped, I almost went backward. Well, there is panic there.

My 3rd experience: AFter work. That was bad. I was so busy with concentrating & taking care of gear, clutch & staying within the lane, looking so far ahead... I almost missed the red traffic light. I almost gave my hubby a heart attack. He was so panic.

Right there, a friend called my hubby. He saw me driving. My hubby hurried the phone call fearing I'd be abandoned in the guidance.

Today, my friend teased me with his motion of me holding the steering wheel with shaking hands. I messaged him last nite: "Pls pardon my driving. Only 3rd solo. And..That's only after 3 refresher classes".

I didn't wana go for further refresher classes till I'm more comfortable handling the clutch & all. The uncle spend lots of time talking. I didn't quite get him. Bcos as my hubby guided me, I felt he makes driving easier. The uncle... typically Singapore education system... must have a formula to every skill. Shifting gear, stepping on clutch, left turn, right turn, up-sloped, parking..
He said this, my hubby said that. He insisted on this, my hubby relaxed on that. But my confidence raises with my hubby's guidance.

Today, we practice smooth stopping (braking), going up slopes & stopping at slopes (although I finally managed it, I still rolled back at times).

Wow... Productive practice. Happy.

Thank you hubby!

No comments: