Saturday, January 6, 2007

BAd day at Work

I normally work on days per 'project'. My last work was a nine days trip. I have a reasonably good team of people. However, I had a nightmare boss for this particular project.

He is a slave driver. When our work was almost done, he made us go around with work again, leaving us no time for our meal. I find that an inconsiderate & mean. An at every beginning of the next day at work, he'll gather us & brief us about how we never reach his standard of performance. That is not only unnecesary, but also embarassing. We had to do this in public! Gathered in our uniform & had him talked down on us as though we are kids or criminals.
I seriously don't know if he chose to be blind or he is just setting an extremely high standard for himself. Our customers at most times were pretty contented. TO think that all he does was just point fingers & order people around. I had work with bosses who personally help us on our work.

We had to be so careful of our attire, work, behaviour & everything. For everything that we do, we got negative comments or reprimand by him.
One the first day, I was over confident because I had never failed (not even once) the past 3years. I had learn lots through the hard way (some easy ways) & I had worked with all my heart & might these years. Somehow, my effort was sabotaged by one specific silly girl (one describe her as extremely hard-working but all the things she does are SALAH wan) with her silliest effort at the most wrong timing. Thus a customer was extremely angry. It was actually a small matter.

But hearing this matter, the boss & my immediate superior blamed me without finding the truth. Basically I had to take e blame simply because I am so senior on e the job, I should have known better. Besides, I'm on the direct contact with the customer whereas the other girl was an assisting agent.

I was deeply upset by this. I had to apologize profusely to the affected customer. Made myself looking like a bloody shameful idiot, swallowing up other's mistake.
Boss was deeply upset. Cause this was only the first day.

I had no more chance to prove myself.
2nd day at work. I had massive gastric. Somehow I still show up for work, despite the inability to work. I had to finish this off. Not much of a choice. Otherwise..
I seriously believe I had the gastric attack due to my uncontrolled emotion. Yes, that was bad; How my emotion affected my health. I didn't know how it was possible. BUt I remember I was in one of the most terrible state of emotional mood since a long time. Yet, my sick condition irked him to his limit. We were down by one staff. Besides, I need taking care of. I was a burden.

My next immediate supervisor is a lazy fella. I really hate her. I don't understand how lazy can a newly promoted supervisor can be. Just stand around & watch people do things. That project, it was as though short of two effective co-workers.

THe whole work lasted nine days. The whole nine days .. was a torture.

When it was finally over, I had a teammate that sighed: Finally this is over!
I felt the same way. But was worse, I never looked more tired. I normally finished work looking as though I ready to start work. This time, people asked if I had a super rough day.

9 days. 9 days was normally a pleasant project for me, for all.
But this 9days was a torture.
I felt that this 9days was more like 90days. 90days in Alcatraz. No matter how you try to escape, you'll never succeed. And no matter you manage to run, you'll still die.

I had a bad day at work.
I was very down. I feel like leaving the job. Because I may work with half this people again.

No comments: