Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fruit Frenzy

I thought having a trip to Adelaide is really bad after my 2 days training. It was really disappointing having to work so continously when my work is pretty much physical. I stayed up mighty late during the night of training to study.
Then I went ahead to work a 3 day work.

No joke, it was indeed easy but I was so exhausted. By the time I was back, I could hardly move a muscle. Just laze on my sofa. But damn.. gotta wait for hair to dry.

But.. it was a nice trip. A girlfriend & I went 2 Central Market in Adelaide shopping for fruits. See... I heard cherries are in season. I'd rush for my dearest cherries, regardless the price (they claimed it very expensive). Heck, I always go for Marks & Spencer cherries in London! Costing £3.99 per 400gm!

And so, we did our fruit craze. Knowing that we'd eat all the fruits alone, we still buy as though we could freeze them or keep them. I bought a good 1.5kg of cherries (sorry friends. I've been devouring alone. If you wana share, you gotta drop by Marine Parade Road!), 2 big mangoes (one is still in my fridge), 4 figs (Hell! I didn't know figs are so mighty expensive!!!!!!!!), a humongous avocado (also still sitting in my fridge) plus 4 big portobello mushrooms & 400gm big white mushrooms.

I could have finish the mushroom, if not for my lousy so-called-fantastic-branded-Smeg microwave which failed on me after few heat.

Fruits in ADelaide is indeed cheap. Some people would insist on Quenn Vic Makt in Melbourne, but it's such a distance & erratic timing makes it impossible.

Besides, we had a fantastic dinner at an Argentinian restaurant, Gaucho. The beef is absolutely... delicious. Even the bread (olive bread) is va va voom!!!! (No wonder they charge for the bread) Plus we were having a good time teaching a Caucasian colleague pronouncing Deborah(Nicholas Tse) ala Hong Kong style: Ti-Po-Lah. I said Ti-Po-Lah. And he went Ti-Po-LAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Oh.. To the guys, did I mention the girls in Adelaide are very pretty???
The weather was absolutely lovely! People.. very laid back, nicer(slightly) than any other city in Australia or New Zealand.

Maybe it isn't too bad working continously once in a while. With all the nice company & environment.

But I can't take it. I think I'm growing old. To my friends working in office, I take off my hat to you!

1 comment:

silly me said...

just checking out your blog... it's pretty... so what's new in your life?